Tuesday, June 10, 2008

That Player on the Right Side of the Page...

See it? That is my very useful and very easy to implement iMeem play list player.

That is a perfect example of what I was discussing in the previous post. Yes I know Last FM has the same capabilities but they were not nearly as easy to make happen as that little iMeem player over there.

So far the only difference is that iMeem does not seem to want to allow me to let users download my tunes (for free of course). But just to be able to embed the tracks on this Google Blogspot is fine by me...for now.

There seems to be some intense discussions in cyberspace about what is the best way to "promote" your music.

One of these discussions is about Bruce Warlia's "Celestial Funnel" concept, that to me sounds like a musicians utopian ideal for the future of independent artists futures.

Andrew Dubber over at New Music Strategies thinks that this idea is a bit too idealistic...he could be right...but that does not mean it is impossible, just improbable.

Not that many people are reading this blog but for those of you who are, I would be very interested to hear your views on this "Celestial Funnel" concept.

Click on the link above, have a read and then tell me what you think.

Cheers,
m e e k

No comments: