Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Been a Good Year #37

................................................................................
I recently turned 38 and I have to say it has been the best adult birthday yet. And not for some remarkable gift or even specific moment or event. It just felt good, you know? I have all the things that matter most to me and several of the things I have selfish value for, like making music, are mine to pursue and enjoy too. Nothing monumental, just able to do it and that means a lot all by itself.

I still haven't managed to define a focus in style / genre but what I have managed to do is define a focus concerning production quality. That is huge for me; to be able to focus, understand and implement the tasks required to improve sonic quality. I am just beginning to understand how to make each sound have that tailored quality it deserves and the song deserves.

Got a wicked old school vintage-copy tin Star Wars lunch box for my birthday! Best!
(it's backwards in the photo via iSight camera, sorry)

Cheers,
m e e k

No comments: